Primary 4 Vocabulary List. Teaching primary 4 students about abundance is important for several reasons. Abundance is the state of having plenty or more than enough of something, and it is a concept that can be applied to various aspects of life. Here are some reasons why we should teach primary 4 students about abundance:
Firstly, teaching students about abundance can help them develop a positive mindset. When students learn about abundance, they learn to focus on what they have rather than what they lack. This can help them to appreciate the abundance in their own lives, such as their family, friends, and opportunities, and to cultivate a sense of gratitude. A positive mindset can also help students to approach challenges with optimism and resilience, which are important traits for success in life.
Secondly, teaching students about abundance can help them to develop financial literacy skills. Students who understand the concept of abundance are more likely to make responsible financial decisions, such as saving and investing, because they understand that there is more than enough to go around. This can help them to avoid the pitfalls of consumerism and debt and to build a more secure financial future.
Thirdly, teaching students about abundance can help them to develop empathy and compassion. When students learn about abundance, they learn that there is more than enough to go around, and that others may also have abundance in different ways. This can help them to develop a sense of empathy for those who are less fortunate and to cultivate a desire to help others. This is an important step towards building a more caring and compassionate society.
Finally, teaching students about abundance can help them to develop a sense of purpose and meaning. When students understand that abundance is not just about material possessions, but also about relationships, experiences, and opportunities, they can begin to explore their own passions and interests. This can help them to identify their strengths and values and to pursue a path in life that is fulfilling and meaningful to them.
(or learn another word here)
For more vocabulary words, click here.
For small group English tuition, click here.
Here are ten words that describe abundant with vocabulary meaning and usage for Pri 4 PSLE Grade 4 students:
- Plentiful – abundant or ample in supply or quantity. Example: The supermarket had a plentiful supply of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Copious – plentiful in number or amount. Example: She took copious notes during the lecture.
- Profuse – abundant, excessive or overflowing. Example: The profuse blooms of flowers in the garden filled the air with their fragrance.
- Lavish – abundant, excessive or extravagant. Example: The hostess provided a lavish spread of food and drink for her guests.
- Bountiful – plentiful, generous or abundant. Example: The bountiful harvest provided ample food for the villagers.
- Prolific – producing in large quantities or with great frequency. Example: The prolific writer had published dozens of books.
- Ample – sufficient or plentiful. Example: There was ample time to finish the project before the deadline.
- Abounding – existing in large quantities or numbers, plentiful. Example: The forest was abounding with wildlife and flora.
- Overflowing – filled to the point of overflowing, abundant. Example: The river was overflowing with water after the heavy rainfall.
- Teeming – filled to overflowing, bustling or swarming. Example: The teeming city streets were crowded with people and vehicles.
To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one’s own in the midst of abundance.Buddha
How do we use the word “abundance”?
Here’s ten uses for abundance
- The abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables at the farmers’ market was impressive.
- She showed an abundance of generosity by donating to the local charity.
- The abundance of sunlight during the day made for a perfect beach day.
- The abundance of wildlife in the forest made it a popular spot for nature enthusiasts.
- Despite the abundance of warning signs, some people still ignored the danger and swam in the restricted area.
- The abundance of rain during the monsoon season flooded the streets and caused traffic jams.
- Her abundant energy and enthusiasm made her an excellent candidate for the job.
- The abundance of stars in the night sky made for a breathtaking view.
- The abundance of textbooks in the library made it easy for students to find the information they needed.
- The abundance of options on the menu made it hard for her to decide what to order at the restaurant.
Once upon a time, in a peaceful forest, there was a beaver named Benny. Benny was known for his incredible ability to build dams and create wetlands. He was always working hard to create a safe and secure environment for himself and his family. It was an abundant life with lots of friends and resources for him to work. But one day, the forest experienced a long and harsh drought. The water level in the pond where Benny lived began to recede, and the other beavers in the area started to give up, losing hope that the rain would ever return. Most just packed up and left, looking for better places and left whatever they had built behind.
However, Benny was different. He knew that the drought was temporary, and that one day, the rain would come again. So, he decided to keep working on building a stronger dam, even though it seemed useless in the face of the drought. He gathered all his strength and energy and worked harder and harder each day to make sure that his home would be safe and secure when the rain finally arrived.
As the days went by, the drought continued, and the water level in the pond dropped even further. Many of the other animals in the forest started to worry, and more animals started to leave, searching for water elsewhere. But Benny remained steadfast in his determination to keep working on the dam. He knew that his hard work would pay off when the rain finally came. The stronger his dam, the larger his home will be. Build now, and prepare for the best times.
One day, Benny woke up to the sound of raindrops falling on the ground. He looked up at the sky and saw dark clouds forming above. Excitedly, he rushed to his dam and saw that the water level in the pond had risen significantly. His dam had held strong, and his home was safe and secure. it was paying off. Handsomely.
Benny felt proud of himself and his hard work. He knew that it was his determination and perseverance that had kept his home safe during the drought. He was grateful that he had never given up and had continued to work on building a stronger dam, even when it seemed like all hope was lost. His home is now gained another level of abundance in resources, and all the food his family needed for generations to come.
From that day on, Benny became an inspiration to all the animals in the forest. They looked up to him for his resilience and determination. And Benny continued to work hard, always building stronger and stronger dams, because he knew that no matter what challenges he faced, one day, the rain would come again.